Rebecca122

Becca's Bursting Bookshelf

I love all things books, especially young adult. Talking about fictional characters and interesting worlds makes me all kinds of happy.

In the After
Demitria Lunetta
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 2)
Rick Riordan
All Our Yesterdays
Cristin Terrill

Just beautiful

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi

So, I'm at a bit of a loss at what to say here. I was very, very excited for this novella to come out. I wondered how Mafi would write Warner's point of view, and I have to say, I'm kind of happy it wasn't stuffed full of the metaphors we get from Juliette. There were also no strike-throughs. Warner has a very clear, precise way of telling the story.

I wondered if reading this would change my opinion of Warner at all, or make me feel a little bit less guilty for liking him so much, since he comes off as pretty evil sometimes in Shatter Me. This book really isn't necessary to read to understand anything in the series, but it's very insightful as to how Warner thinks and what his motives are. I understand him better. He's still done some inexcusable things, but it is so, so hard to hate him for it. If nothing else, I'm convinced Warner has some genuine feelings for Juliette that don't relate to her power. I was hardcoare Team Adam in Shatter Me, but now . . . I think I switched.

Warner's father. I don't like him. But then, I'm probably not supposed to ;). I think I'd be a little nuts if he raised me, too.

I've never really been this conflicted in a love triangle before (I think Unravel Me might develop into a full-scale one, but I'm not sure). I really love Adam for all the good that he did, and who he is as a person. He totally deserves to be happy. But Warner is so much more complex. I just want to read about him. At the end, when it transitioned into the first few chapters of Unravel Me, I didn't want to leave his head. I look forward to finding out more about him in February 2013, which can't come soon enough. It seems so far away . . .

Woah. Warner's 5"9? He's short! :-p